Danny Kaye sang that the best things happen while you’re dancing and that’s pretty true but not today.
Perhaps not everything happens on Friday (really, it’s best to spread the love) and bad things theoretically could happen but on a day like today? Not likely!
There a few favourite things in my life that happen just often enough to make almost every day delicious. But to have a few occur on the same day that also happens to be a Friday? Fantastic! And a Friday that ends a work week (remember, I get every other Saturday off so two full weekends a month!), suuuuuuper SANtastic!
There’s just so much happiness and sun-shininess today I just have to share. So, here’s the shortlist of what makes me smile:
- early mornings- there’s something magical about a quiet city
- a pot of hot, strong Twinnings Everyday Tea (with milk of course)
- the dog- playing with her, cuddles, walks, just having her in my life
- breakfast for supper
- accomplishing 4 things on my “To Do” list before I’d normally be getting up
- a delicious bottle of wine waiting for me at the end of the day
- a full day at work
- blogging, catching up on WordPress Friends’ newest posts
- a whole weekend free to do whatever I want
- working on my novels
- blue, cloudless sky and warm sunshine but unmistakable feel of Fall in the air
- seeing the first layer of leaves on the ground and finding crunchy ones to step on
- needing a sweater by the early evening
- coming home to my very own apartment
- a warm bath and an early night
…And these are pretty much all just today. Each day there will be some different favourite things but that what makes life so spectacular.
Then there are the little surprises that are tiny “I Love You” notes life leaves in unexpected places to give you a warm fuzzy feeling. One such things just happened today and I have to share it.
I don’t know if you already know of this site, Book Riot, but I clicked on it and it’s a smorgasbord of all things that a writer could spend hours perusing. It can induce serious procrastination so discretion is advised! It’s been bookmarked so thank goodness I have no computer at work. Let me know if there’s anything I must check out since I haven’t been able to yet.
So what makes you happy on this Friday?