I’ve been nominated for some awards. Actually, I was nominated for 3 way back in October by the lovely All the Soft Places. I think part of me had wanted to wait to think of the perfect 7 tidbits to share but mostly I wasn’t feeling like my blog deserved the love I was showered with. It has definitely gone through some rocky patches over the last half of the year and I think it’s finally ended up closer to where I want it to be- upbeat, full of optimism, and with a real zest for life. If it’s not exactly full of it, I’m hoping it’s comfortably in the 85-90% range.
So, thank you for these 3 lovely awards. I’m honoured and deeply touched to think that my ramblings are worth someone’s time to read like this let alone acknowledgments such as these!
Then just the other day I was nominated by Vikki at The View Outside and she gave us the torturous task of picking out own award! It’s like sending a kid into a candy store and telling them they can only have one kind of candy. So hard! Am I versatile blogger? Do I have a lovely blog? Do I have a “Blog of the Year?” Should I shine on? Do you guys really want me to tell you more about myself? Is there a tie?
So, I’m going to cheat and pick the two, yes two!, that I have strived to fulfill.
So. Now the required 7 things about myself:
1. I almost drowned in a wave pool when I was 5 or so. Dad and a lifeguard had to rescue me. It was dramatic- water was coughed up then tears ensued. A few years later I almost got sucked out to sea on a boogie board in Puerto Rico by a vicious rip tide. Once again Dad rescued me.
2. I love bats.
3. I’ve been known to be so optimistic that I’ve annoyed myself and I don’t care I’m annoyed with myself. It’s a very strange situation.
4. When I was younger I told Mom that if I were to have twin girls I’d name them Genevieve and Guinevere and nickname them Gennie and Gwennie. Mom said that was mean. I told her it was a great idea. Then a friend later told me they’re the same name. I decided it wasn’t so fantastic after all.
5. Every time my phone rings I have to do a 5 second Charleston to my ring tone even if I’m out in public.
6. Few things make me happier than pancakes for dinner.
7. I have a stack of board games but have no one to play them with. They would still make the cut if I had to move with only a carload of possessions.
Now to pass along these wonderful awards. I really can’t pick just 7 of you out there so I’m going to leave it open to you all as well as letting you pick your favourite award. IF you’re having a gloomy day, treat yourself to an extra one or two- they’re not donuts, go ahead and indulge! Please let me know what you chose and your 7 tidbits.
Happy Weekend, WordPressland!